I lead and deliver the CIPR Accredited, Internal Communication diploma at Bournemouth University. Once a year we run a short course for the Masters students to give them a deeper understanding and experience in employee communication.
Working independently has given me the time to pursue and support ideas that are important to me.
My current focus is on the South Coast IC collective, a group I’ve created with a colleague to give anyone working in employee communication a local network.
I’m an active member of two other regional groups – PR and a Pint based in Winchester, and the Dorset Freelance PR consortium.
I’ve been an active supporter or committee member for the below groups:
- CIPR Inside Committee (special interest group for internal communication and employee engagement)
- CIPR Wessex Committee (regional group)
- Soroptimists – Bournemouth
- Life Education Wessex
- Muscliff Primary School
- Strouden Park Neighbourhood Watch
As a trusted ‘friend’ and ‘colleague’ I’ve supported and mentored others throughout my career. Now as an independent consultant I provide this service through Charity Comms and as a valued service for my clients.
I love learning and want to be the best I can be. I have been following a dedicated path of CPD since 2012. I completed the CIPR Internal Communication Diploma in 2014 looking at the links between levels of engagement and ability to cope with and recover from crisis. I undertook the rigorous assessment and became a Chart.PR in January 2017.
Supporting the profession
- Creator of The South Coast IC collective in the Autumn of 2016 to give professionals in the region a network and support.
- Member of two core CIPR committees (Wessex and Inside) between 2012 - 2017
- Member of two PR network groups (Dorset and Winchester) 2010 to date
- Part time lecturer at BU, CIPR Internal Communication diploma since 2016 to date
- Charity comms mentor 2016 to date
- Member of CIPR, IOIC, PRCA and CIPD